9th International NCCR Climate Summer School
"Adaptation and Mitigation: Responses to Climate Change"
29 August – 3 September 2010, Grindelwald, Switzerland
The topics covered at the NCCR Climate Summer School 2010 included:
- Emission scenarios and the future of the global climate
- Economics of climate change: an overview
- Assessing costs and benefits of climate change
- Adaptation and Mitigation: instruments, strategic aspects and implementation
- Climate policy and international negotiations
The Summer School invited young researchers from all fields of climate and climate impact research. The courses covered a broad spectrum of climate impact research issues and foster cross-disciplinary links. Each topic included keynote plenary lectures and workshops with in-depth discussion in smaller groups. All Summer School participants presented a poster of their research and there was ample opportunity for discussion. An excursion lead to exciting research sites.