Conference on the International Dimensions of Climate Policies
21 – 23 January 2009, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Contributions from the following fields were presented:
- Trade theoretical foundations of integrated assessment models
- Trade implications of promoting adaptation
- Effect of technological transfers and spillovers in the context of global climate policies
- International competitiveness in the presence of climate policies
- Legal aspects of global climate agreements and regulations
The conference covered a broad spectrum of climate economic research issues and fostered cross-disciplinary links. Each topic included a keynote plenary lecture and numerous parallel sessions.
The programme can be downloaded here (pdf, 119 kB).
Christoph Böhringer (U Oldenburg; confirmed), Carlo Carraro (U Venice; confirmed), Thomas Cottier (U Bern; confirmed), Carolyn Fischer (RFF, Washington), Chris Hope (U Cambridge; confirmed), Andreas Löschel (ZEW; confirmed), Michael Rauscher (U Rostock; confirmed), Thomas F. Rutherford (ETH Zurich, confirmed), Richard S. Tol (U Dublin; confirmed).
Juan-Carlos Altamirano (EPFL), Seraina Buob (U Bern), Thomas Cottier (U Bern), Alain Haurie (U Geneva), Gunter Stephan (U Bern), Hal Turton (PSI, ETH Zurich), Philippe Thalmann (EPFL), Alexander Wokaun (PSI, ETH Zurich), Frank Vöhringer (EPFL), Monika Wälti (U Bern), Elena Xoplaki (U Bern)
Seraina Buob, University of Bern, Department of Economics, Schanzeneckstrasse 1, CH-3001 Bern, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +41 31 631 45 09, Fax +41 31 631 39 92.